Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 9, 2014

My one on one encounter with "Friendly" the dolphin.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/08/sydney-dolphin-human-friends-australia-plays-swimmers_n_4557297.html

While out surfing at Manly Beach with possibly hundreds of other surfers...I spotted a dolphin swimming towards me and then she stopped under my board. I had read about a lone dolphin swimming up and down the coast interacting with surfers and swimmers; so I suspected this was that dolphin as she was alone.  I was so thrilled that I went under the water to be with her; but when she started to swim towards me...I kind of freaked and came up...after all this was a wild dolphin and I was not sure how she would react to my being under water with her.  As I lay on my board, she spyhopped and I talked to her; but made no attempt to touch her.  After a nice visit, she decided to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment